Looking for free planets flashcards to teach the planets and outer space vocabulary? Below you can download our FREE planets Printable flashcards by clicking on the download button. The set contains not only the beautiful pictures and the names of the planets but also space related vocabulary. You could use these flashcards to introduce your students to the names of the planets.
If you wish to see all the flashcards on our website, click here.
The set contains 26 FREE flashcards: Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, space, space station, astronaut, rocket, space suit, space helmet, satellite, telescope, comet, asteroid, meteor, moon, constellations, star, alien and UFO.
Interesting Facts About The Planets
- Mercury is the closest planet to the Sun and is just as big as the Atlantic Ocean! 18 Mercuries could fit inside the Earth!
- Venus is the brightest planet in our solar system, as well as the hottest.
- Earth is the only planet in our solar system known to support life This is because it contains two essential elements that all living beings require for survival: plenty of oxygen and plenty of water!
- Mars is the planet closest to the sun. It’s a terrestrial planet, which means it has a hard, rocky surface that you can walk on, just like Earth.
- Jupiter is the solar system’s largest planet. Jupiter is so massive that it could contain all of the other planets in the solar system.
- Saturn is the second largest planet in the solar system, yet it is also the lightest.
- Uranus is the second-farthest planet from the Sun, thus it takes a lengthy time to complete one orbit around our home star. Uranus takes 84 years to complete one circle around the Sun.
- Neptune is the planet farthest from the Sun, taking 165 years to complete one orbit around the Sun.
These flashcards are completely FREE for personal, educational and non-commercial use.